What do I blog about?

Friday, August 2, 2013

Becoming Who I Want to Be

Original Source Unknown

I love my kids because they love me even when I stay in my pajamas ALL day. I love my husband because he loves me even when he comes home to a messy apartment and a cold dinner, despite my best efforts. I love that the soundtrack playing on repeat in my mind all day includes Wheels on the Bus and the Itsy Bitsy Spider. I love that I become a jungle gym every time I flop down on the floor to relax, that I always have a spit up spot (or two) on my right shoulder, and that my toe nail polish is always selected by my two year old. I love it all, I really do.

But, sometimes I remember the old me. Not because I'm not happy with the current me! I love my life! I'm just saying that sometimes I remember that girl that actually got 7 to 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep at night. The girl that wore the cute shoes and fake eye lashes. The girl that liked to travel the world and socialize. And, sometimes I wonder about the future me. Will I reconnect with who I was? Will I somehow disappear into the piles of laundry and little league/ dance recital audiences? Have I just put myself on hold for the next 18 ish years, and will I try to pick up where I left off when the kids have grown? I don't really think the stilettos and glitter of my twenty year old self will have the same affect on the 38 year old, saggier, more maternal me... Will I be best friends with my husband? Or will he have grown and accomplished so much in his corporate world career, while I stayed at home forming play doh, that we won't even have anything to talk about? 

You know who I'd like to be in the future? I'd like to be just like Leigh Anne Tuohy as represented by Sandra Bullock in the movie The Blindside. Fit, beautiful, professional, involved mother, happily married, and not ignorant to those in need of a little family love. I'd like the future me to have been there, at home, for my children while still having set an example to them in such things as forming friendships, achieving goals, continually learning and enjoying life. 

So, I started something new. I didn't give it a lot of thought. An opportunity presented itself, I got the 'go- ahead' from my always supportive husband, and I jumped. I took that leap of faith. It may not have been the best time. (Waiting to close on a house is generally not the right time for any sort of additional investment.) But, if not now- then when? Is there ever actually a wrong time to start being who we want to be? I know that my efforts to learn, share and inspire through doTERRA will spark new friendships and opportunities to socialize, maybe even give me a reason to bust out those cute shoes again. Maybe what it comes down to is having a reason to hold myself to a higher standard than the all day pajama mama!


I am first and foremost a mom. Nothing is more important than raising the next generation. I am now also an Independent Product Consultant for the company doTERRA. Last week I learned about the company and products during nap times and became doTERRA University Certified! Ok, it's seriously not a big deal; just a matter of completing a few online quizzes, but I'm not going to lie: It feels good to have accomplished something that came with a certificate! I am hopeful that this new journey will include many more accomplishments down the road. In the meantime, I am so excited to be part of this life changing company and I love how my family is already benefiting from doTERRA essential oils! 

If you are looking for an opportunity to enrich the lives of your family members through natural, pure products used in holistic health care, cleaning and spa products- and/ or if you are looking for an opportunity to make friends, work your own hours, determine your own goals and expectations, and even bring in some additional income, then this company is probably perfect for you, too! Find out more by visiting mydoterra.com/jessicamyers or even easier, send me an e-mail! doterraipc.jessica@gmail.com

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new life experience. I wish you all the best with it! It's hard to get out of the funk of just being a mom and a wife. I know all about it. Finding an identity of your own to intertwine with that is key!!

    Thank you for linking to Raising Imperfection.
    Please come back Friday to see if you were featured. :)

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    Raising-Reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting from raising imperfection blog hop today. I wanted to say congratulations on your accomplishments. Keep inspiring moms staying out of the funk can be hard! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love it! Congrats on your certification! You are a go-getter, girl! <3

    Bethany
    www.happyhomemaker.me (poor blog...so forgotten!)

    ReplyDelete